Target continents locked and tracked…
Apologies for the delay, been real busy with the anime posts and work.
Anyways, here’s the tracklist for this week:
01. M Waering – Amberude (Santiago Nino Remix)
02. Benya feat. Penny Nixon – Serendipity [Armada]
03. Myon & Shane 54 feat. Carrie Skipper – Vampire [Armada]
04. Blake Jarrell – Punta Del Este (Beach Mix) [Armada]
05. Mike Foyle – Bittersweet Nightshade [Armada]
06. Tenishia feat. Tiff Lacey – Burning From The Inside (Tenishia’s Burning Dub) [Armada]
07. Jochen Miller – Eclipse [High Contrast]
08. Tritonal – What I Say (Dub Mix) [AVA]
09. Julian Vincent feat. Cathy Burton – Certainty (Mark Otten Dub) [Armada]
10. Hydroid – The Eternal (Paul Webster Remix) [Vandit]
11. Ilya Soloviev & Paul Miller – Lover Summer (Orjan Nilsen Remix) [Armada]
12. Markus Schulz – The New World [Coldharbour]
13. Robert Nickson & Daniel Kandi – Rewire [Armada]
14. C-Systems – Close My Eyes (Lemon & Einar K Remix) [Apocalypse] [Future Favorite]
15. llan Morris – Pegasus (Seqentia Remix)[Transistic]
16. Mark Norman – Restart [Black Hole/Magik Muzik]
17. Andy Blueman – Time To Rest (Live Guitar by Eller van Buuren) [Perceptive/Armada]
18. Thomas Bronzwaer – Certitude [Armada] [Tune Of The Week]
19. Armin van Buuren feat. Jaren – Unforgivable (Stoneface & Terminal Remix) [Armind]
20. 8 Wonders – The Return [A State Of Trance]
21. Airbase – The Road Not Taken [In Trance We Trust]
22. Rank 1 & Jochen Miller – 9 Minutes [High Contrast]
23. Hensha – Nightfire
24. Armin van Buuren feat. Justine Suissa – Burned With Desire (Rising Star Mix) [Ultra] [ASOT Radio Classic]
Good Tracks: ‘Amberude‘ was actually a really good track, but not FF material. Although the vocals started to get a bit irritating, ‘Serendipity‘ just managed to be different enough to land here. ‘Vampire‘ is also a cool track, and I’m starting to think whether there’s actually a bad track in this episode. ‘Burning from the inside‘ saves us from the continuous streak of forgettables. And ‘Eclipse‘ was also interesting enough to be here, although it does have good potential to be FF. ‘The New World‘ was a good track, but this is certainly not Markus’s A-game on display here! ‘Restart‘ was different enough from the rest of the tracks on this episode to sound good, but on it’s own, not I wouldn’t have put it here. A potential FF, ‘Time To Rest‘ had a good mix complemented by brilliant guitarring. Following the 3 songs KAT streak, ‘9 Minutes‘ is a nice track, but doesn’t hold enough interest to be a great track. Bringing it home is the sweet mix by Hensha, ‘Nightfire‘.
Forgettable Tracks: Just when I was intrigued with the possibility of a ‘bad-song’ free episode, ‘Punta Del Este‘ shows up. Not a bad song per say, but like the category suggests, it’s rather forgettable, and mild vocals didn’t help either. And so was the case with ‘Bittersweet Nightshade‘. Seems like the good and bad are coming in pairs, with both ‘The Eternal‘ and ‘Love Summer‘ failing to impress. ‘Rewire‘ was also another generic mix with no personality whatsoever, as was ‘Pegasus‘.
Tune of the week: ‘Certitude’ was actually pretty good track, has a decent chance to be FF.
Future Favourite:1 minute into listening ‘What I say‘, I can saftely say (I love my puns :D) that this will be FF next week. ‘Certainly‘ also has a good chance of being crowned FF with it’s brilliant beat mashups. Turns out that my ‘almost kickass‘ song of last week, ‘Close My Eyes‘, was FF. Good call, even though I didn’t predit it as FF. Oh well, my argument still stands, the synthesized tune near the first half is still not my cup of tea.
Kickass Track: Without a doubt the Stoneface & Terminal remix of ‘Unforgiveable‘ is this weeks KAT, probably the best dub out there for this track. Following this is ‘The Return‘, another brilliant track os sheer awesomeness; also has good chance to be FF. Well this is a first, 3 tracks in a row qualifying for KAT this week. ‘The Road Not Taken‘ may have synthesized overtones I didn’t really like, but the track is undeniably addictive.